5 Truths God Wants You to Know!
1. The Bible says that everyone is born sinful and commits acts of sin everyday.
Romans 3:10 - "There is none righteous, no, not one…."
Romans 3:23 - "[A]ll have sinned and come short of the glory of God…."
2. God is holy and just and cannot allow sin into heaven.
The penalty for your sin is death (separation from God) in Hell forever.
Isaiah 59:2 -- "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,
and your sins have hid his face from you,…"
Romans 5:12 - "[B]y one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin;
and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned…."
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death…."
3. Jesus Christ is the only One who can save you from your sin.
You can do nothing to pay the penalty.
John 14:6 -------- "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Ephesians 2:8,9 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Titus 3:5 ---------- "Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,
and renewing of the Holy Ghost…."
4. It was Christ's death on the cross that paid the penalty for your sin.
He took your punishment for you.
Isaiah 53:5 ------------- "[H]e (Christ) was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
and with his stripes we are healed."
Romans 5:8 ---------- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us."
1 Corinthians 15:3,4 - "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried,
and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."
1 Peter 2:24 ----------- "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we,
being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes
ye were healed."
Praise God for His provision!
5. Your need is to repent* of your sin and to trust Jesus Christ as your only Savior.
Accept His death on the cross as the payment for your sin.
* Repentance is the change of one's heart concerning sin and God (Acts 3:19, 26:20).
Within repentance is:
(1). the recognition of the awfulness of sin before God and having a true sorrow for it;
(2). the surrender of man's own will to the will of God (2 Corinthians 7:9, 10).
Mark 2:17 --- "…I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Luke 13:5 ---- "[E]xcept ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
Acts 16:31 -- "…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved…."
Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
You have seen that that one does not trust Jesus Christ and himself, good works, or baptism for salvation. It is not making a commitment to do better or adding religion to your life. It is acknowledging your sinful condition and by faith, placing your dependence upon Christ alone for deliverance from sin and Hell.
So, let me ask…
1. Do you see yourself as a sinner in need of a Savior?If your answer to each of these questions is "yes," then why not pray right now; Pray admitting your sinfulness to God. Admit that you deserve judgment in Hell. Ask Him for forgiveness and call upon Jesus Christ to save you, today. Jesus will save you now if only you will trust in Him.
2. Do you recognize that there is nothing you can do to save yourself?
3. Do you believe that Jesus shed His blood, giving His life to save you from sin and Hell?
If you sincerely prayed and asked Jesus Christ to save you, please contact us that we might rejoice with you. We would like to send you a small booklet entitled "Things are Different Now." We would also invite you to join us this Sunday in worship to our God. If distance would hinder you from joining us, we would love to help find a church near you that you might receive help in your new walk with Him.